27th February 2020
8 pm, Holyport Memorial Hall, Moneyrow Green (map)
Will Phaure has just passed the Advanced Test. He has held a Diploma in Wine for many years. He will talk to us about the Challenges
of the Wine Trade. With the emphasis on not drinking and driving it may seem illogical to have such a talk at a driving group but Will
intends to help us to understand how to drink less but drink better.
- Drinking Responsibly - one for the road replaced by taking a taxi instead
- Wine Production globally and the UK's market share
- Wine Trade Trends - what are the consumers drinking
- Off Trade v On Trade
- Designing a wine list - how does the wine trade influence consumer choice when they are in a restaurant. Not all businesses can
afford a Wine Sommelier to recommend wines.
- An understanding of prices - mark up v gross profit margin. Taxation - Duty.
- The Wine Trade is in fierce competition with the beer market and spirits such as Gin.
- Why has the Gin Market taken off?
Last updated: 10th February, 2020